Very happy to the see Measuring African Development: Past and Present in print. You can read an open access of the introduction to the book here. The volume takes you through the very first household budget surveys and national account estimates during colonial rule up through contemporary efforts of improving data with mobile phones, tadalafil GPS and handheld devices.
- Global Health Seminar, Copenhagen 22 June 2017, 12:30-14:00
- Public talk: ‘What Economists Get Wrong about Africa’ @AU_SIS March 29
- Guest Lecture ‘Why Economists Got Africa Wrong’ @LauderInstitute April 11
- Ruling the World by Numbers: streaming lectures online
- Ruling the World by Numbers: Preliminary Syllabus – Comments Welcome