- Global Health Seminar, Copenhagen 22 June 2017, 12:30-14:00
- Public talk: ‘What Economists Get Wrong about Africa’ @AU_SIS March 29
- Guest Lecture ‘Why Economists Got Africa Wrong’ @LauderInstitute April 11
- Ruling the World by Numbers: streaming lectures online
- Ruling the World by Numbers: Preliminary Syllabus – Comments Welcome
Tag Archives: Claire Melamed
TweetIn “Big Questions for Big Data and what it can do for African Economic Development” I wrote about some of the basic knowledge problems that remain in development statistics, and concluded that, as of yet, Big Data does not seem … Continue reading
TweetSpecial issue on data and development in the World Politics Review out last week. Contributions from Claire Melamed, ed Jack Goldstone and I contributed a write up on the gaps in the macroeconomic statistics in some African countries.