FOREIGN POLICY article – January 28, 2013. “We Have No Idea if Africa Is Rising”
Recent FP contributors have said that Africa is and is not rising. They’re both wrong because they don’t have the numbers to back it up.
Simon Fraser University &
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
B.Sc. (Budapest), M.Sc., Ph.D. (LSE)
Morten Jerven is an economic
historian, with a PhD from the
London School of Economics, and has since 2009 been working at the School for International Studies at
Simon Fraser University in
Vancouver, Canada [read more]
- Book Talk: Africa – Why Economists Get it Wrong @SAISAfrica OCT 7, 5PM
- Book Talk: Africa – Why Economists Get it Wrong @TheNewSchool OCT 9 2:30 PM
- Book talk: Africa: Why Economists Get it Wrong #LSE Friday 18 Sep, 6 PM
- Book Reviews: Africa. Why Economists Get It Wrong
- Why did economists spend two decades explaining something that never happened ?