FOREIGN POLICY article – January 28, 2013. “We Have No Idea if Africa Is Rising”
Recent FP contributors have said that Africa is and is not rising. They’re both wrong because they don’t have the numbers to back it up.
- Ruling the World by Numbers: Preliminary Syllabus – Comments Welcome
- Ruling the world by numbers: knowledge and politics in international development
- Discussing ‘Poor Numbers’ with Bill Easterly
- How the IMF does (or doesn’t) check the quality of statistics from low income countries
- Public Talk: Africa: Why Economists Get it Wrong @GrinnellCollege March 2, 4 pm ARH 302