FOREIGN POLICY article – January 28, 2013. “We Have No Idea if Africa Is Rising”
Recent FP contributors have said that Africa is and is not rising. They’re both wrong because they don’t have the numbers to back it up.
Simon Fraser University
B.Sc. (Budapest), M.Sc., Ph.D. (LSE)
Morten Jerven is an economic
historian, with a PhD from the
London School of Economics, and has since 2009 been working at the School for International Studies at
Simon Fraser University in
Vancouver, Canada [read more]
- Development by Indicators: Knowledge and Governance
- Statistical Tragedy in Africa? Take 2
- Statistical Tragedy in Africa? Evaluating the Data Base for African Economic Development
- Call for papers WEHC 2015: Counting people, understanding economies: global histories of registration and demographic statistics
- Africa and Economics. What’s the problem?