FOREIGN POLICY article – January 28, 2013. “We Have No Idea if Africa Is Rising”
Recent FP contributors have said that Africa is and is not rising. They’re both wrong because they don’t have the numbers to back it up.
Simon Fraser University &
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
B.Sc. (Budapest), M.Sc., Ph.D. (LSE)
Morten Jerven is an economic
historian, with a PhD from the
London School of Economics, and has since 2009 been working at the School for International Studies at
Simon Fraser University in
Vancouver, Canada [read more]
- Ruling the world by numbers: knowledge and politics in international development
- Discussing ‘Poor Numbers’ with Bill Easterly
- How the IMF does (or doesn’t) check the quality of statistics from low income countries
- Public Talk: Africa: Why Economists Get it Wrong @GrinnellCollege March 2, 4 pm ARH 302
- Want a fully funded PhD and work with me @Noragric & @UniNMBU on the politics of numbers?
- The administrator needs to log in and select a Google Analytics account.