FOREIGN POLICY article – January 28, 2013. “We Have No Idea if Africa Is Rising”
Recent FP contributors have said that Africa is and is not rising. They’re both wrong because they don’t have the numbers to back it up.
Simon Fraser University
B.Sc. (Budapest), M.Sc., Ph.D. (LSE)
Morten Jerven is an economic
historian, with a PhD from the
London School of Economics, and has since 2009 been working at the School for International Studies at
Simon Fraser University in
Vancouver, Canada [read more]
- Africa and Economics. What’s the problem?
- “Does economics have an Africa problem?” – A rejoinder
- Public talk in Bordeaux 19 FEB 6 PM: Derrière “l’émergence de l’Afrique”. La croissance, une fiction statistique ?
- Podcast: How poor numbers undermine the fight against poverty
- Just Published: Measuring African Development: Past and Present