I just started my position as Chair of Africa and International Development at Edinburgh University, and my first trip out of town will suitably be to Cambridge, where my former thesis supervisor, Gareth Austin, recently have been appointed professor of Economic History. I am giving the first seminar in the recently started seminar series in African Economic History. The seminar series is convened by Gareth Austin and Bronwen Everill. My presentation has the same title as my forthcoming book with the same title (to be published by Cambridge University Press in 2019).
- “Wealth and Poverty of African States” Seminar in Cambridge 30 Jan
- African Economic History Network Meetings
- Global Health Seminar, Copenhagen 22 June 2017, 12:30-14:00
- Public talk: ‘What Economists Get Wrong about Africa’ @AU_SIS March 29
- Guest Lecture ‘Why Economists Got Africa Wrong’ @LauderInstitute April 11